Last week Jim went to visit Professor Neil Pendleton in his Stopford Building office. Neil wanted some help on using the Study’s SharePoint Team Site initially to share his Work Programme’s information with other colleagues in the study. A short session proved to be very useful for showing Neil a few tricks which will hopefully make his life a little easier. Please contact Jim if you would like similar help.
Yesterday afternoon, Jim Schumm held a refresher session on updating Work Programme web pages after a request from Marie Crane from Lancaster. If anyone else would like similar help please contact Jim to arrange. Also a reminder that there are help pages available (best viewed in an Internet Explorer browser).
- Formed an IT Steering Committee
- Created shared secure project working environment – a SharePoint “Team Site”
- Enabled a video-conferencing tool for the project and chaired meetings for the study investigators
- Completed Needs Analysis for each Work Programme
- Created live, development and staging websites
- Created Twitter account @nbdem
- Created template pages for each Work Programme and enabled staff to update their own pages and create and edit posts on the study website
- Held detailed Requirements Gathering meetings with Work Programme 7 to determine how we can provide an application to carry out their research
- Assisted Work Programmes in populating their template web pages. This was achieved by a range of means. From some we were given raw content which we then processed to a standard suitable for the website. One Work Programme was able to use the help materials we produced to edit their own pages – which we hope more will be able to do in future.
- Held a detailed Requirements Gathering meeting with Work Programme 6 to determine how we can provide an application to carry out their research. We have decided on a timetable for the work and when a prototype app will be delivered for evaluation.